£10 - £12 per day
16 days ago
School Caretaker - Immediate Start
Greenwich, South East London
- Long term to permanent
- Immediate start
- £8-12 a hour
- Based in Greenwich, South East London
- Full time
Our lovely school based in Greenwich, South East London are looking for a new School Caretaker to start immediately.
Your day will consist of the following tasks:
- General school maintenance for buildings and surrounding grounds - basic handyman skills are a must
- Checking the conditions of the buildings and playgrounds and reporting any faults
- Conducting fire safety and H&S checks for the site
- Check the heating is operating and that timers are set correctly and working
- Event set up and take down
- To support and assist the school to conduct specific/ ad hoc caretaking tasks when required, or as part of duty schedule such as winter checks, planned maintenance and daily and weekly checks
- Assist the cleaning team and order consumables as and when required
- Opening and closing of the school
- Being the on site contact for contractors
You will be working along site the site manager however the day duties will include a wide range of responsibilities connected with the fabric and grounds of the school. This includes security - opening/locking up the premises/alarms, cleanliness, porterage, monitoring contracts/contractors, routine maintenance and minor repairs. A good level of computer competency would be an advantage.
You must have a DBS to be accepted for this role.
If you think you are the right person for this role the please apply now, you can also contact Sophie at Remedy for more inforamtion.