£20 - £23 per hour
13 days ago
Long term perm
Are you experienced School Bursar or School Business Manager who is seeking a full time temporary role to start after the October 2020 half term? If so, we have the perfect role for you.
The role will start as soon as possible, and will be ongoing. However, this could get extended or lead into a permanent opportunity. Working in a popular and sought after primary school located in Lewisham, South East London.
Salary circa £20-£23 per hour.
- To provide the overall strategic leadership and management for all aspects of finance, ICT, community usage, administration and operations support in the Academy.
- To ensure that the resources of the school are deployed effectively and efficiently to achieve the educational aims of the Academy.
- To be a member of the Senior Leadership Team, contributing to strategic planning and decision making, leading staff training, task groups and attending Governing Body meetings
- To be responsible for all aspects of finance, HR, ICT, administration and operations support, including premises.
- To contribute to the achievement of the educational vision for the school
- To work in collaboration to develop high quality systems and services
- To be responsible directly to the Headteacher and to the Governing Body for all financial and accounting procedures
- To have a direct line of communication with the Governing Body on all matters relating to finance
- To assist the Headteacher in the preparation of an annual plan and budget
- To establish and keep updated computer-based financial and management accounting systems for the school
- To prepare management and financial accounts as required for the Governing Body, jointly with the Headteacher where appropriate
- To ensure the effective implementation and operation of financial controls
- To prepare cash-flow forecasts to ensure that the cash position is consistent with its obligations
- To assist and supervise other staff in the operation of the financial systems
- To ensure prompt and efficient completion of monthly, quarterly and annual returns, as required by the Local Governing Body and by outside bodies including the DfE, local authority and Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
- To prepare annual accounts figures for the annual accounts, including supporting schedules
- To act as the key contact for the annual audit of the schools accounts
- To maintain regular liaison with banks and auditors
- To liaise with the Responsible Officer, who will visit regularly to audit practises
- To set up and monitor service level agreements and contracts and oversee their delivery and value for money, in line with the academy contractual arrangements, where applicable
- To act as cost centre manager for specific budget areas
Administration and ICT
- To provide and manage an effective administration service to students and staff throughout the central administrative offices and reception
- To establish administrative systems and procedures within the school, and to train and support staff to ensure that these systems and procedures are properly implemented and effectively controlled
- To deal with all insurance correspondence and communications for the school, overseeing visits and ensuring that necessary paperwork is completed to enable insurance cover to be effective
- To ensure that the school complies with Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation, in conjunction with the Governing Body
- To organise and, where appropriate, lead operational staff training and INSET
- To oversee the ICT infrastructure within the school, working closing with the ICT team
- To ensure that all new staff are inducted effectively
Facilities management and security
- Through the Site Manager, to be responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of the buildings, and grounds
- To be responsible for the development of new facilities within the Academy and its grounds
- To ensure that the maintenance programmes function effectively and within the budget
- To ensure appropriate reporting, monitoring and control systems relating to the internal building fabric and furniture, including the production and maintenance of an Asset Register
- To be responsible for the management of security, during the school day and during the community use of the school including the closed circuit television cameras
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of Health and Safety (H&S) within the school, working closely with the H&S provider
- To project manage any capital schemes, identifying appropriate funding sources, writing proposals for expenditure and liaising with relevant personnel
Got to the end of the advert? We know you must be interested! If you could see yourself flourishing in this role, apply today to kick-start your teaching journey. Once you've applied, one of our team will be in touch about the next steps.
For further information please follow the on screen instructions. Or contact Carly Walters at Remedy on, 0208 418 1390.