8 months ago
Remedy are looking for Residential Workers to provide support for students with a wide range of needs and communication methods.
Staff must be able to work shift hours, on rota, as required. A working day usually falls between the hours of 1pm - 10.30pm. We are looking for a Senior Residential Worker that has excellent communication skills, with a good knowledge of d/Deafness, communication difficulties, challenging behaviour and Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
This role requires:
- Assessing each resident's needs and progress
- Providing physical care
- Creating a safe and positive living environment
- Setting boundaries for young people's behaviour
- Offering one-to-one counselling or leading group therapy sessions
- Providing leisure and creative opportunities
- Teaching daily living skills such as budgeting, shopping and claiming benefits
- Helping residents to deal with problems and become independent
- Keeping records and writing reports
- Liaising with resident's families
- Working with other health and care
If you are in this role please apply, if you require more information please contact Sophie at Remedy.