£400 - £425 per day
Yasmin Van Wijngaarden
about 1 month ago
Our Client Redbridge Council are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their Construction Team.
This will involve:
- Responsibility for the management of all project staff, contractors and consultants appointed to support the delivery of relevant capital projects - setting targets, monitoring performance and taking corrective action as required;
- Support the development of the capital programmes in respect of Housing (including through the Council's wholly owned Development Company), Education and Regeneration etc;
- Develop clear project briefs/specifications with sponsor departments to secure agreement on outputs, budgets and programmes for individual projects;
- Lead the development and delivery of capital projects from inception through to completion including:
- securing relevant internal approvals;
- undertaking procurement activity in line with relevant policies;
- representing the Council's interests in discussions with consultants/contractors;
- monitoring delivery against agreed cost, programme and quality targets (escalating issues as necessary);
- managing handover arrangements to ensure that projects are provided to BAU host departments in a fit state and that all health and safety manuals and user training is completed; an
- undertaking project closure reviews to record project outcomes and capture any learning points.
- Where required, support the development of capital project proposals in respect of regeneration, transformation, property maintenance etc, providing expert advice to colleagues to ensure that schemes can be effectively and efficiently delivered.