West London, London
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Depending on experience
10 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within a Hospital Discharge Team for a Local Authority based in West London.
- To work in partnership with colleagues, other professionals and partner agencies to undertake a holistic assessment of vulnerable adults and their families/carers within the legislative framework and using the eligibility criteria.
- To carry out assessments, casework, support plans and discharge planning as directed.
- Following the policy framework for Positive Risk to identify risks at different stages of the resident journey and working with the resident and other key people to manage risks in such a way that enables the individual to continue, wherever possible, with their chosen lifestyle.
- To develop personalised outcome focused support plans, which promote the independence of vulnerable residents, identifying strengths and social capital and support them to enhance family and social networks.
- Ability to achieve positive change through a systems approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work with communities, partner organisations and voluntary sector to maximise social capital for vulnerable residents and ensure support is culturally appropriate.
- Understanding of the benefits of annual appraisals and ability to recognise personal learning and development needs.
- Ability to help individuals in the development of bespoke support packages, including acting as an advocate in order for them to achieve the best outcomes.
- Ability to support the individual to complete the resident led assessment and helps them prepare and implement individual support plan and to undertake reviews.
- Ability to work in partnership with service users, carers, service providers, other teams departments and agencies, including health service colleagues in order to effectively co-ordinate interventions.
- Ability to be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be flexible, able to adapt to change and to be a team player.
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly