West London, London
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Negotiable, depending on experience
5 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within a Forensic Mental Health Team for a Local Authority based in West London.
- To improve outcomes for forensic psychiatric patients and their families/carers and the public. Work in partnership with other agencies to ensure smooth care pathways and expedite timely discharges.
- To personally manage a most complex clinical caseload of forensic adult and adolescent psychiatric patients detained in high or medium security, providing an exemplary service in line with statutory requirements, the National Standards for the provision of Social Care services in High Security hospitals and departmental priorities, improving outcomes for forensic psychiatric patients and their families/carers and the public.
- To demonstrate effective practice in the most complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk and care planning, striking a balance between support and control, working in partnership with a wide range of professionals within multi-disciplinary teams, including more senior levels.
- To maintain high standards of professional practice and to be responsible for social work provision in accordance with the legislative and regulatory framework and departmental and host NHS Trust's guidance and procedures.
- To take responsibility for coaching and mentoring students and, occasionally, other less experienced Social Workers.
1. Professional social work qualification: CQSW, DipSW, CCETSW approved equivalent, social work degree
2. HCPC Social Worker registration.
3. Post qualification experience of working in a statutory forensic mental health, mental health, personality disorder or learning disability setting.
4. Specialist expertise in a relevant area of practice.
Please contact Holly at Remedy on 0208 418 7676 for further information, alternatively please respond to this advert with a copy of your most recent CV