£32.00 - £35.00 per hour + Depending on experience
10 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within a Children with Disabilities Team for Ealing Council.
- Caseloads of about 18-20
- Office based duty in a COVID safe environment once per fortnight
- To undertake the range of duties and responsibilities on behalf of the Department as specified in the Children's Act 1989 and such other legislation as is or may be appropriate to work with children and their families, to include
- The investigation of alleged neglect, ill treatment or abuse of children and to make enquiries as to the need to provide services to such children, instigate Child Protection procedures or an application to a court for an appropriate order in respect of such children
- The supervision of children subject of a Child Protection Plan.
- The assessment and supervision of children looked after by Ealing in order that statutory duties towards such children are met.
- To undertake the preparation of reports, statements in family proceedings courts and to attend court.
- To undertake assessments, design and implement care/protection plans and encourage the development of quality standards and practice.
- To manage a more complex caseload working with a high degree of personal and professional accountability and autonomy.
- To provide innovative social work services to service users.
- To follow a guiding principle that children should remain with their own families wherever possible and where this has broken down to plan a secure and permanent future for children.
- Promote a learning culture and lead on sharing and disseminating best practice across the department and partnerships and contribute to learning and development activities.
- Undertake complex assessments, make sound analytical judgements and utilise the most effective means of providing innovative care packages within budgetary constraints in conjunction with partners and external agencies.
- To supervise and support students using the practice educator framework and/or to support and enable learning of others.
- To support the Council's vision for Children's Services in line with overall corporate objectives.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly