South West London, London
£32.00 - £35.00 per hour + Depending on experience
22 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within a Children with Disabilities Team on a part time basis for a Local Authority based in South West London.
1. Provide effective operational management of the 0-25 Disability Team, achieving a high level of compliance with relevant national guidance and Council policies.
2. Provide professional leadership in the field of disabilities / special needs; representing the Service in appropriate forums relating to service provision for children / young people with disabilities and ensuring the development and maintenance of high quality practice and service delivery in line with professional standards. This will include deputising for the Head of Service where appropriate.
3. Be responsible for a range of service and budget decisions in relation to the provision of services to disabled children / young people and their families, particularly in relation to providing short breaks, admitting children to care and instigating legal proceedings. (The budget is in approximately £2m, but will be subject to increase as and when the commissioning budget for 18-25 year olds transfers)
4. Ensure the proper planning, control and management of operational budgets and maximise income through grants and joint commissioning.
5. Oversee and monitor the receiving, allocation, reviewing and closing of cases. This will include assessing the level of service to be offered, in collaboration with the team deputy / assistant managers, in each case prioritising and allocating incoming work to the team members in accordance with Departmental instructions and guidelines and with due regard to Service priorities and ensuring that highest priority work is allocated.
6. Hold lead responsibility for the achievement of all performance indicators and targets relevant to the Team and to report on these to the Head of Service and where appropriate to the Assistant Director for Children's Specialist Services and the performance management / improvement programme in line with the requirements of the post.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly