South West London
4 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are looking to recruit qualified social workers for a Child Protection team based in South West London
This is a locum position starting immediately for a minimum of 3 months.
As part of the Child Protection team you will:
Provide assessment and planning for children in need, those subject to protection plans and those children in the care of the Local Authority.
Work within the context of the relevant legislation and guidance,
The ideal qualified social worker will have experience within a child protection team
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children in line with the Children Acts 1989 and 2004, Children and Families Act 2014, and working Together to Safeguard Children guidance 2013,
- Assess or investigate such cases as are referred, within the department’s eligibility criteria, to establish level and type of need.
- Carry a caseload and be responsible for assessment and planning for children and young people in compliance with casework objectives, statutory and departmental policy and procedural requirements, consistently maintaining the highest level of professional standards.
- To work to range of legal options to support investigation and protection and accommodation; if required give evidence in court; using contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances.
- To ensure the provision of clear written reports to child protection conferences, reviews, planning meetings and any other purpose as required, ensuring good quality casework analysis and risk assessment is evident throughout.
- To maintain an awareness of own professional limitations and knowledge gaps. To make effective use of supervision and appraisal as an opportunity to critically reflect on casework and to identify learning and development needs to continually improve upon practice; and to support continual professional development.