£35.00 - £38.00 per hour + Depending on experience
about 2 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within Croydon Councils Child Protection Team.
Social Work with families is a large service where Social worker have the privilege of supporting families who need our support. We work with children from referral stages where there are complex issues , with children in need, children in need of protection as well as those children who are subject to care proceedings . Our service works with families to enable them to make sustainable changes and improve outcomes for children . We work in partnership with a wide range of agencies ,who are part of support network , as well as our clinical team.
Our Social Workers carry out Child and Family Assessments, create family plans and where appropriate work with families to support the intervention of agreed plans and take all necessary actions to safeguard children where necessary . This is done in the context of close support and supervision.
The Service is managed across 11 teams each with a Team Manager and an Assistant Team Manager; the Service is further supported by Clinical Therapists.
Case Load: 16/18 children. ( current average is 14)
5 essential requirements for the role:
- The ability to engage with and create relationships with children, young people and their families and ensure that the voice of the child is always heard and that the views of our young people are at the heart of all of our case planning
- Significant post qualification experience of working with children and families.
- A demonstrable understanding and practice of the Children Act 1989, Working Together, London Child Protection Procedures (or equivalent)
- Social Work practice in Croydon is underpinned by out systemic social work practice model and all workers must have a commitment to working relationally holding multiple perspective and pay attention to issues of power within their assessments and intervention.
- The ability to write assessments that are clear, analytical and accessible for families.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly