North London, London
£31930 - £42847 per annum + Retention Payment
about 1 year ago
We are currently looking for Qualified Social Workers to join an Assessment team, for a North London based Local Authority.
Social Workers will be required to work within the Assessment Teams of the Children in Need and Protection service. The Local Authority has been through a journey of improvement over the past ten years, with continued aspirations to fulfil the first corporate priority of enabling every child the best start in life. The borough is unique with diverse children and families, we are looking for social workers that are ready for a fresh challenge, with the ability to make a real difference to its residents.
Requirements for this post are:
- 2 years post qualifying experience, preferably in a similar setting.
- Excellent report writing skills and the ability to provide quality assessments.
- To be able to undertake initial interventions, including the development of outcomes-based intervention plans.
- You will be required to manage complex cases while ensuring the voice of the child is heard and recorded consistently.
This Local Authority values its staff they employ, will support you to progress your career through the management structure of the Council. Team managers will provide on-going personal development through supervision.
The Council also offers:
- £3,000 recruitment payment within your first year of employment. Retention payments are made after 18 months of service to the value of £3,000 (subject to conditions).
- 30 days of annual leave
- 50 hours a year of personal development training
- Pension scheme.