Isle of Wight, England
£38 - £40 per hour + Depending on Experience
26 days ago
Qualified Social Worker - Isle of Wight Council - Adult Social Care - Up to £40ph!
We are looking for a Qualified Social Worker to work as part of Adult Social Care at St Mary's Hospital, Newport, Isle of Wight. You will be undertaking full care act assessments in line with current legislation to support hospital discharges within the Isle of Wight community, determining peoples long term needs and supporting carers. Working as part of an integrated discharge team in a hospital setting with occasional requirement to support the hospital duty team with trusted assessment work.
Worker needs to be based on the Isle of Wight for this post all week.
- Clear experience and operational knowledge of working in a busy and pressurised front-line team
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) one to one and with client groups
- Complex case management; working with children and families as well as adults
- Good collaborative skills, maintaining strong relationships with partners
- Safeguarding and continued Healthcare
- Sound understanding of current Social Care legislation including Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act etc
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Able to work independently to strict deadlines under pressure
- To demonstrate person centred working
- Knowledge of financial processes (benefit entitlement)
- Ability to utilise ICT at a high level and adapt to new ICT systems
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.