South East London
3 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are working in partnership with a local authority based in South East London to recruit Qualified Social Workers for an Adults and Older people team.
If you enjoy helping older residents achieve a greater level of independence this could be a great opportunity to springboard your Social Work Career.
Adult Social Services provide integrated health and social services to Adults (18-65) with a physical disability, sensory disability and Older People (65+).
As a Qualified Social Worker your main responsibilities will be:
- To facilitate user choice and control throughout the self-assessment, support planning and review process by promoting independence and wellbeing and applying the principles of personalisation.
- To provide advice and information to any member of the public requesting this (via the telephone, letters, email, or personal callers).
- To provide information and signposting advice to enable individuals to increase their sense of well-being and to access to a range of resources that do not require a social care assessment including following up with the individual to ensure that the information provided was satisfactory.
- To enable service users to undertake un/assisted self -assessments to identify needs and outcomes. This will include taking account of existing forms of support and identifying, recording and managing any potential risks, e.g. Mental Capacity Act and Safeguarding.
- To facilitate support planning by providing services users with the fullest possible information about the range of support options available.
- To advise and where appropriate refer service users to support brokers or advocates to help them with the planning of their care needs.
- To work with service users to document support plans and collate any additional reports, which represent service user/carer needs and aspirations and records identified risks.