£30.00 - £32.00 per hour
Ben - PD_1619171615
23 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group is looking for a qualified social worker who has worked within a physical disability team before.
Safer recruitment practices to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and/or vulnerable adults apply to this post in addition to the requirement to obtain a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
* To work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team providing consistent, timely, quality and financially sustainable social work services to adults, their carers and their families.
* To improve outcomes for adults, enabling them to have security, stability and enabling them to have security, stability and enabling them to develop independence.
* To maintain high standards of professional practice and to provide social work services to adults in accordance with the legislative and regulatory framework and departmental guidance and procedure.
* To carry out more complex strengths-based assessments of adults, their carers and their families. As a result of these assessments, to recommend appropriate action or services to meet the adult's needs.
* At all times, to identify areas of need and/or risk of harm and to ensure appropriate safeguarding practices/measures are observed/in place.
* To undertake supportive and preventative work with individuals and families including supporting a carer/family to maintain care for an adult at home as well as supporting adults in other settings, including the Ealing Shared Lives service. Providing a higher level of support to families with complex needs, serving as a change agent in different ways and maximising the professional and wider network involved.
* To undertake visits as required to adults, their carers and their families.
* To take the necessary action to arrange the least restrictive alternative care for adults who cannot continue to be cared for within the community and without the intervention of the department.
* To work with adults who are looked after by the department or referred by outside agencies and to work towards rehabilitation wherever appropriate. To work in partnership with families and all other parties involved in an adult's life to develop care plans that meet their needs.
* To support adults in placements and enable good communication between their carers, their families and professionals.
* Using professional autonomy and in consultation with their manager as appropriate, to carry out safeguarding investigations where adults are thought to be in need of care and control, exposed to danger, ill treatment or neglected and to take appropriate action.
* To maintain a sound and up to date working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, guidance and best practice. To utilise knowledge of local community and Council and partner organisations' information sources.
* To keep and maintain accurate, quality and up to date client records relating to visits made and all other work carried out. Reports to be placed on correct form on client files and reviews of current cases to be undertaken with senior colleagues.
* To work with other agencies and professionals to ensure the best outcomes for adults.
* As part of the service provided to clients, liaise with relevant colleagues in other service areas and Council Departments.
* To maintain confidentiality and comply with the principles of data protection; be able to recognise and respond appropriately to situations where it is necessary to share information to safeguard service users, carers or others.
* To be proactive in implementing the Council's Equality and Diversity policy, both in professional practice and service delivery.
* To support the Council's vision for Adult's Services in line with overall corporate objectives.
* To develop a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of departmental policies and procedures.
* To represent the team on working groups or liaison/multi-disciplinary meetings
which may include Health, Housing and other agencies.
* Take responsibility for own continuous professional development, supervision and learning.
Why join Remedy?
1st tier agency
2 payrolls a week
Referral bonus's up to £400