South London, London
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Depending on experience
23 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking a Qualified Social Worker to work within an Adults Locality Team for a Local Authority based in South London.
We currently have an opportunity to recruit an experienced Social Worker with an interest in working with the Adults Department in the Localities Team. We are committed to offer the support and development opportunities you need to achieve success.
It is essential that those recruited have a good understanding of the application of the Care Act, the London Multi Agency Safeguarding Adults Procedures, the Mental Capacity Act and experience of the application of the ethos and values of "Making Safeguarding Personal".
We are looking for a social worker with a history of working within Adult Social Care and experience of working with vulnerable adults. Experience of with Adult Safeguarding is essential. Knowledge and experience of working with Continuing Health Care and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards is preferred. You will be able to demonstrate and evidence the following criteria;
* experience of safeguarding work and complex work
* you will need to have sound assessment skills
* be able to prioritise you caseload
* work autonomously
* ability to analyse complex information and evidence in order to form a conclusion and to reach an outcome
* you will have significant report writing and analytical skills
* you will have a methodical and organised approach to the work
* ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to a wide range of audience
* you will have had previous experience of working with residential/nursing and domiciliary providers
* ability to act as a Duty Worker
* ability to work under pressure
* you will be confident in working in pressurised difficult situations where there may be issues of conflict
* the ability to efficiently and within a proportionate amount of time seek to establish facts; ascertain the adult's views and wishes; assess the needs of the adult for protection,
* have the ability to consider with the vulnerable person what support and redress is now required and how this might be met; thereby encouraging the vulnerable person to consider how to protect them from the abuse and neglect,
* have the ability to work in accordance with the wishes of the adult; make decisions as to what follow-up action should be taken with regard to the person or organisation responsible for the abuse or neglect; and
* seek to enable the adult to achieve resolution and recovery
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly