3 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are looking to recruit Qualified Social Workers on behalf of a local authority based in North London.
This is a locum position starting immediately for a minimum of 3 months.
As a member of the Adults & Older people team you will:
- Facilitate user choice and control throughout the self-assessment, support planning and review process by promoting independence and wellbeing and applying the principles of personalisation.
- Provide advice and information to any member of the public requesting this (via the telephone, letters, email, or personal callers).
- Provide information and signposting advice to enable individuals to increase their sense of well-being and to access to a range of resources that do not require a social care assessment including following up with the individual to ensure that the information provided was satisfactory.
- Apply the FACS eligibility criteria and give information about any likely cost of services as well as giving appropriate advice on welfare rights entitlements and maximisation of income.
- Enable service users to undertake un/assisted self -assessments to identify needs and outcomes. This will include taking account of existing forms of support and identifying, recording and managing any potential risks, e.g. Mental Capacity Act and Safeguarding.
- Facilitate support planning by providing services users with the fullest possible information about the range of support options available.
- Advise and where appropriate refer service users to support brokers or advocates to help them with the planning of their care needs.
- Work with service users to document support plans and collate any additional reports, which represent service user/carer needs and aspirations and records identified risks.