Kingston upon Thames, Surrey
£30.00 - £32.00 per hour + Depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within Kingston's Adults Social Services.
The New Malden Hub is a relatively small team of 13 Social Workers and Support Co-ordinators that provides interventions for people with long-term care needs from the age of 18 and above. The primary client base is older adults and people with physical disabilities, however we work with a range of diagnoses. The team offers an excellent opportunity for a practitioner to take their practice to a new level, working with internal and external partners to promote positive outcomes for individuals that we work with. This also involves being proactive in preventing harm from occurring to adults at risk.
Our involvement is proactive and empowering, focusing on liaising with individuals and their carers soon after their initial referral to the borough in order to assess their needs and create effective outcome-focused support plans. We work closely with Reablement services in order to maximise people's independence, choice and quality of life. In order to promote a flexible, seamless service and offer continuity for individuals where required, we are able to provide targeted ongoing support. As such, team members are able to work with a varied caseload and utilise the support of the separate Access team and professionals from other disciplines.
The main responsibilities of the post will be:
1. To carry a caseload including those where there are high levels of risk.
2. To undertake Safeguarding enquiries and attend Safeguarding review meetings on occasions.
3. To be responsible for undertaking and supporting a range of customers with non-complex needs under manager supervision.
4. To be responsible for accepting referrals, undertaking and where required, providing, information and advice and carrying out initial assessments.
5. To engage in multi-disciplinary working, including with our partners in the reablement model
5. To undertake reviews of customers with care needs as required and within statutory timelines and carry out reassessments as required.
6. To undertake mental capacity assessments where required and on occasion make and see through applications to the Court of Protection
In order to carry out these responsibilities the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills:
* Excellent communication skills, both in written and oral presentation
* Good assessment and case management skills
* Knowledge of Personal Budgets/Self Directed Support and the philosophy underpinning these
* Knowledge of the local Safeguarding protocol, and the Pan London Safeguarding Protocol.
* Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and social care initiatives and priorities
In return, we can offer you the following:
1. Regular supervision and appraisals.
2. On-going training and development opportunities.
3. The opportunity to develop and refine social work skills.
4. The opportunity to work in a friendly and supportive team.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly