South West London, London
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Depending on experience
2 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within a Community Adult Health Services Team for a Local Authority based in South West London.
The aim of this service is to build positive working relationships between Community Adult Health Services (CAHS) and the boroughs Department of Adult Social Services (DASS) staff in order to provide a timely, joined up approach to health and social care, enabling holistic care delivery for patients and carers who would benefit most from this integrated model of care.
6 referral pathways in total.
* CAHS has 4 referral pathways involved with community health partners.
* CAHS also assesses patients for discharge from Ronald Gibson House (inpatient rehabilitation), our role is to assess needs for a safe and timely discharge.
* CAHS also completes DST assessments with health, this is a discharge to assess pathway. Patients are moved from acute settings to community settings to complete DST. Social workers applying must have knowledge of CHC processes.
Roles and responsibilities:
* The Social Workers and Social Care Assessors will fulfil statutory functions as set out by the Care Act 2014 and DASS policies and procedures.
* Attend weekly MDT meetings with community health partners.
* On receipt of referral, the CAHS Social Worker or the CAHS Social Care Officer will advise and liaise with the GP (where appropriate) about the most appropriate social care service for their patient.
* The Social Workers and Social Care Assessors will contact the appropriate identified services directly on behalf of the GP and, once a service need has been identified, they will ensure that the referring GP receives prompt confirmation of action that has been taken and the activation of services.
* The Social Workers and Social Care Assessors will have a full understanding of the social care resources that might need to be accessed by GPs and CAHS staff on behalf of their patients such as appropriate onward referrals into other services including their operating hours, waiting times and any other relevant information.
* The Social Workers will contribute to the joint assessment and completion of the DST (as a member of the MDT) for the group of patients identified as needing full Continuing Healthcare assessment in a non-acute setting following hospital discharge as part of the hospital discharge pathway.
* Complete duty one day a week.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly