South East England, England
£35.00 - £37.00 per hour + Negotiable, depending on experience
17 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker/Approved Mental Health Practitioner (AMHP) to work within a Local Authority based in South East England.
- To lead on and complete holistic assessments of the social care needs of individuals by working in line with the Integrated Care and Health Pathway and in partnership with individuals, carers, professional staff in other agencies and service providers to establish arrangements and services that meet their assessed needs and promote independence, choice and control.
- To manage a caseload of individuals and carers who require additional support or guidance in order to identify their needs and who may need close monitoring or frequent review or interventions to minimise and manage risk, or where best interest decisions may be required.
- As practitioners within the teams, the AMHP is expected to understand the recovery model and promote this way of working with people who use services/carers. They are also expected to promote this model of working with health colleagues and support their practice when necessary.
- The role holder will carry out assessments and reviews of individuals, carers and families who need specific support, protection or advice to ensure that their needs are met and they are safeguarded.
- Professional social work qualification as an Approved Mental Health Professional and HCPC registered with substantial post qualification/registration experience in a relevant health or social care setting.
- Applied knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act 2005, and detailed working knowledge and understanding of relevant national and local policy and statutory guidance and legalisation in relation to the provision of social care services.
- Ability to work in line with accountability frameworks and to identify issues that fall outside of established policy.
- A comprehensive understanding of common health conditions, associated impairments and the disabling barriers individuals may experience.
- Ability to demonstrate insight and a developed understanding of the circumstances of people with variable, unstable or challenging mental health social care needs.
Please contact Holly at Remedy on 0208 418 7676 for further information, alternatively please respond to this advert with a copy of your most recent CV