£80 - £90 per day
19 days ago
- ** SEMH and Behaviour Teaching Assistant **
- ** PRU - Pupil Referral Unit **
- ** Enfield, North London **
- ** £80-90 a day **
- ** Starting in September 2019 **
Remedy Education are currently working with a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in Enfield, North London. They are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to start in September 2019.
The school caters for secondary aged students with challenging behaviour, EBD and autism. It was rated as "Good" by Ofsted, with "Outstanding" aspects, and is very well equipped with good facilities and resources, which the staff make full use of to offer the best level of support to students.
It is vital to the school that a positive learning environment is created, where both the students and the staff enjoy learning and where there are opportunities for pupils to progress into college or further work-related learning.
You will be working within the classroom supporting a class of around 8 students, so lessons have 2 teaching assistants supporting the class. The students do have challenging behaviour and need someone to talk to in regards to problems they may have at home or with them self. This is why we look for experienced teaching assistants who can deal with mental health and youths.
The school is located in the heart of Enfield with amazing transport links and friendly staff.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools or Pupil Referral Units
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour
- SEN experience is essential
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic and friendly, yet firm approach
If you think you are the right person for this role please apply now, you can also contact Sophie at Remedy.