Tower Hamlets, London
£70 - £90 per day
17 days ago
Remedy Education are currently working with an Outstanding Primary School in Tower Hamlets who are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant for there school.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide support for pupils, the teacher and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils. To encourage pupils to become independent learners, to ensure their safety and welfare, and support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To work with individual children/students and groups, under the direction of the class teacher, introducing tasks, monitoring children's work and using a range of strategies to support their learning.
2. To help pupils to access the full curriculum, at the same time promoting independent learning.
3. To observe pupils' performance, and using the systems tin place in the school/class. Provide the teacher with feedback on pupil progress ad help to maintain individual and group records.
4. To contribute to the planning and evaluation of learning activities for individuals and groups, liaising with and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues.
5. To help prepare and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment for learning.
6. To provide care with regard to the physical welfare of pupils/student
7. To deliver structured intervention and catch-up programmes to support the development of literacy and/or numeracy skills, e.g. Additional Literacy Support (ALS), Early Literacy Support (ELS) and Springboard mathematics in primary schools and other intervention programmes in secondary schools.
8. To provide targeted support to individuals and groups, including those pupils with English as an Additional language or special educational needs.
9. To contribute to the planning for teaching and learning.
YOU MUST HAVE
- EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH STUDENTS IN EARLY YEARS
- HAVE MATCH AND ENGLISH GCSE GRADE C OR ABOVE
- VALID DBS
- EXPERIENCE WORKING IN A SCHOOL
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV OR CALL 02084181390