Are you a qualified primary teacher with experience working with pupils with SEND? Or, are you a mainstream primary teacher with a particularly keen interest in working in SEND?
Remedy Education are currently seeking an enthusiastic and proactive teacher to work in a primary pupil referral unit (PRU) in St Johns Wood, which caters for pupils with social emotional and mental health issues (SEMH) as well as ASD. The support provided throughout the school is excellent. This school is very centrally located, with excellent public transport links.
This is a pupil referral unit; which is an alternative provision for pupils whom have been excluded from mainstream school or have gone missing in education. Therefore, you will be catering for pupils with challenging behaviour and complex needs, in small group sizes, to provide individualised and more targeted support - with the ultimate objective to reintegrate pupils back into mainstream schooling. For this role, ideally you will:
- Be available 5 days a week.
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Be Able to work with KS2
- Possess an up-to-date DBS, or be willing to acquire one through Remedy Education
- You must have previous experience catering for pupils, preferably at primary age, with ASD, SEMH and complex needs
- previous experience working in a PRU would be advantageous
- Be able to differentiate lesson plans, and teaching instructional strategies, to engage all learners.
- Be able to use positive reinforcement, as well as other behavioural management strategies, to promote positive
- behaviour within the classroom.
To find out more information or to apply for this vacancy please send your CV to Zeki @ Remedy Education.