£150 - £180 per day
20 days ago
Long term perm
SEN Primary Teacher, Greenwich
Are you looking for a Job working with a huge variety of Special Educational Needs?
Are you experienced in primary teaching?
Are you looking for an ASAP start with stability for the whole academic year?
We are looking for a full time, experienced Primary SEN Teacher around the Greenwich area. The position will be teaching small classes (6-8 students) of students with varying needs such as all Autistic classes, or all Complex Needs in one class, or all Mild Learning Difficulties in one class, with additional focus on social development. There will be full support from Teaching and Learning Support Assistants. Our young people have struggled in mainstream education and need a positive experience.
The Teacher will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes. This position starts ASAP, and is for at least the whole academic year, with the potential to go permanent thereafter.
- Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable SEND young people to learn
- Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
You must have:
- Successful class teaching experience.
- Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH/SEBD, MLD, Complex Needs or ASC
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
If you are looking for a rewarding role in SEN Teaching and want to make difference, we want to hear from you TODAY! Please contact Carly Walters on and submit your CV today via email,