£75 - £90 per day
8 months ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education are looking for experienced support workers to work in our Outstanding Colleges, developing both academic studies and life skills such as; shopping, cooking and working within the community. As part of the role you will be working 1:1 or lead small groups of learners with special needs.
No previous experience is needed, but working in education, care homes or residential homes would an advantage. This is a full-time support position up until the end of the 2020 academic school year.
- Supporting students 1:1 with numeracy, literacy & sensory integration
- Encouraging social skills and independent living through community work i.e. shopping, visiting the local farm & cooking
- Assessing pupils' levels and ability
- Behaviour management
- Comfortable or open to supporting learners with personal care
The school are looking for individuals who are:
- Keen to learn and develop their skills in education
- Adaptable, and able to work in a variety of settings
- Interested in working in different environments
- Committed and resilient
Here at Remedy Education, we strive to ensure that each and every candidate has an opportunity to find their ideal job. For a number of years, we are proud to have worked alongside fantastic institutions of learning (Primary, Secondary and SEND) to provide them with high quality teachers and support staff.
We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00