Tower Hamlets, London
£70 - £80 per day
23 days ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education is looking for a special needs Learning support assistant with experience of supporting students with physical disabilities and looking to work within Special needs setting based in Tower Hamlets.
Remedy Education is currently looking for SEN experienced LSA to support adults with PMLD starting September 2021. The role is full-time. This established SEN school in Tower Hamlets requires the right candidate to support their learners with PMLD on full-time basis and aid them in their emotional and academic development through encouragement, positive reinforcement, and by creating a safe learning environment. This is a long-term role of one academic year for the right candidates with the potential of continuing next academic Year.
The College is within easy reach of public transport:
- A strong understanding of students with PMLD
- Familiarity with personal care procedures and ability to use hoist and manual handling
- Ability to support the student both academically and emotionally in a calm manner, always adhere to safeguarding and behavioural policies, and show adherence to professional boundaries. (Manual handling training is highly desirable)
- A collaborative and driven individual who will be able to take directions from the SENCO and other Education professionals.
- Ability to find creative ways to engage the young people.
Role of the PMLD LSA involves supporting the learners in a group setting inside the classroom and as well as on a 1:1 basis. There might be times where support might take place during break times depending on the level of mobility issues and other needs. It also involves guiding the student emotionally and behaviourally at times of stress and helping them to overcome their barriers to social interaction and mobility. There is great support given in regard to training and guidance.
Location - Tower Hamlets
In return, you will have the advantage of working for a reputable SEN school where there is lots of support from the SLT and very experienced learning support and SEN team.
You will gain great amount of knowledge about supporting young adults students with PMLD and reporting on positive changes as well as learning.
You will be considered for career development opportunities
By registering with Remedy, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to £150
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
To join us and be successful in this PMLD LSA role you will need to:
- Have experience of working with young people or young adults with physical disabilities.
- Be comfortable providing personal care.
- Manual handling training is ideal but not necessary for the right experienced.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position in Tower Hamlets Or for more information about the role, contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education.