£70 - £80 per day
8 days ago
Long term perm
Are you passionate that all children should have equal opportunities to excellent care and education?
Are you looking to get in to a permanent role!?
Remedy Education are proud to be recruiting for a PMLD Teaching Assistant/ Support Worker at an outstanding special needs secondary school in Lambeth, South West London.
To join us and be successful in this PMLD Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
About the role:
- PMLD Teaching Assistant / Teaching Assistant in a secondary special school in Lambeth, South West London.
- Start date - ASAP
- Full time and long term, TEMP TO PERM!
- Pay, £75 - £85 per day, depending on experience
- Supporting pupils with Autism (ASC), Complex Needs and PMLD on a 1:1 or group basis. There are a mixture of needs from low to high functioning. Including sensory needs, speech & language needs, physical needs and emotional & behaviour needs.
- You may need to support with Personal Care and deliver Moving & Handling for wheelchair and hoist users.
- You must have prior experience as either a SEN Teaching Assistant, PMLD Teaching Assistant, Support Worker or Care Worker.
About the school:
- Special needs secondary school for young people with Autism, Complex Needs and Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities.
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted in all areas.
- Excellent modern facilities including hydrotherapy pool, art therapy room, sensory room and garden, SMART room and various other 1:1 and specialised spaces.
- Highly differentiated curriculum to meet individual needs.
- There is a team atmosphere with management and staff working closely together. They have high expectations but everyone is well supported and helps each other.
About the pupils:
- All pupils are 19 - 25 and have an EHCP for SEN.
- Pupils need support managing emotions, processing and understanding work and interaction with peers.
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so some will need support with Speech & Language and use PECS, Signalong or Makaton to communicate.
- Some pupils have Sensory Needs so an appreciation and empathy towards this is needed in order t prevent young people from getting anxious and reaching crisis.
- Some pupils have physical needs and use wheelchairs and hoists and will require personal care support.
By registering with Remedy Education you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants