£75 - £85 per day
about 2 months ago
Long term perm
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you have experience supporting children or young adults with special needs?
Remedy Education are recruiting for a PMLD Teaching Assistant for a special school in Greenwich.
About the role:
- PMLD Teaching Assistant needed at secondary special school in Greenwich supporting children with Autism, Complex Needs & PMLD.
- Start date - January 2022
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay, £75 - £85 per day
- Supporting pupils on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Ideally you will have some experience or training in one or more of the following: Moving & Handling, Personal Care, PECS, Makaton, Team Teach, Autism strategies etc.
- Providing nurturing and caring support for pupils physical, emotional, behavioural and learning needs.
- Previous experience as a Support Worker, PMLD Teaching Assistant, SEN Teaching Assistant or Care Worker required.
About the school:
- Special school & college for young people with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism (ASC) in Bolton.
- Rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
- They place a lot of emphasis on internal and external partnership working which means staff supporting each other and close communication with parents and carers too.
- They aim for learning without limits which means challenging students to reach their full potential despite their obstacles.
- Fully accessible and tailored facilities with adapted environment and specialist resources to meet the needs of their pupils.
About the pupils:
- Pupils are aged 11-19 and have an EHCP for SEN with including SLD, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism (ASC).
- Pupils are both verbal or non-verbal so some will need support with Speech & Language and often use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Many pupils require wheelchair or hoist support.
- Many pupils have physical needs and may require personal care so some experience with this would be a bonus but is not essential for all Support Worker staff.
- Pupil behaviour is excellent and this really contributes to their learning progress.
- The new Support Worker / PMLD Teaching Assistant will need to be empathetic, adaptable, resilient and patient in order to help pupils achieve progress however small it may be.
Benefits of working through Remedy Education:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
Too apply for this PMLD Teaching Assistant role and register with Remedy Education please call Carly Walters on, 0208 418 1390.