Waltham Forest, London
£70 - £90 per day
29 days ago
- Job description
- PMLD Teaching Assistant **
- East London **
- £70 - £90 per Day ** IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Have UK classroom experience.
- MUST have experience with working with PMLD, SLD or Complex Needs.
- The school are looking for someone who is adaptable, flexible and willing to learn.
- Be available for a long term position.
- Degree in Psychology.
- Excel at building great relationships with pupils and staff.
- Have an enhanced DBS on the updated service.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To assist teachers in providing a learning environment that enables all children to access the curriculum and learn to the best of their ability.
- To work with and support an identified child with specified academic, physical and emotional/behavioural/medical needs on an individual basis.
- To work with a named child, as directed by the class teacher and/or SENCo, to support subjects and learning across the whole curriculum;
- To establish a supportive, caring and secure relationship with the child, promoting respect, self esteem and a positive, inclusive whole school ethos;
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the specific academic, physical and emotional/behavioural/medical needs of the child and respond to them effectively;
- To assist the class teacher/SENCo with the planning, development and delivery of suitable programmes of work for the pupil;
- To support class teachers to design, create and produce learning activities, materials and resources to support aspects of the curriculum or particular learning outcomes, and to assist and support the child in using them;
- To help, support and motivate the child, clarifying instructions, encouraging independent learning and behaviour and enabling learning targets and outcomes to be achieved;
- To contribute to monitoring and recording pupil progress, maintaining records and providing relevant feedback to teachers;
- To provide welfare support to the child, including administering First Aid (dependent on training) and attending to personal hygiene and identified medical needs as required;
- To assist with general school duties which may include:
- Setting up classrooms, preparing resources and displays and tidying and clearing away
- Supervision of children during play times
- Supervision of children entering and leaving school premises
Role Supporting the school at an appropriate level, according to the job role, grade and training received, all employees in the school are expected to
- Support the aims, values, mission and ethos of the school and participate in a team approach to all aspects of school life.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings and INSET days as required, and identify areas of personal practice and experience to develop.
- Take appropriate responsibility for safeguarding and children's welfare and be aware of confidential issues linked to home/child/teacher/school and keep confidences appropriately.
- Be aware of health and safety issues and act in accordance with the school's Health and Safety Policy.