Waltham Forest, London
£70 - £90 per day
about 1 month ago
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced PMLD Teaching Assistant for one of our partner special needs schools in Cambridgeshire. Students have a range of needs including severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple learning difficulties, complex needs, and autism.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working with special needs, due to learners' needs. Manual handling or hoisting support/ experience or training is also essential.
In this school, there is a mix of verbal and non-verbal pupils so it will be an advantage if you have previous experience of Makaton or using PECS techniques.
The Successful Candidate Will Be Required To Provide:
- 1:1 and group support for SLD pupils using multi-sensory approach
- Manual handling or hoisting training /experience
- Be able to support with personal care needs
- Knowledge of PECS or Makaton would be of an advantage
- In Return, Teaching Personnel Will Offer You
- a competitive rate dependent on experience and workload
- access to a wide variety of CPD and training opportunities
- guidance from the school on the curriculum but autonomy over resources you create to support your students.
- This is a demanding role that requires a high level of patience, energy and enthusiasm.
If you are interested and believe you meet our requirements for the role, then please Apply.
If you have further questions, please contact Tilly Wise at Remedy Education on or 0204 531 0058.
Remedy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.