£140 - £200 per day
3 months ago
Long term perm
Qualified PMLD teacher required - ASAP start
SEN college - Bow, East London
Temp to perm
£140 - £200 per day
Remedy Education are working with an SEN college that specialises in caring for students for PMLD and ASD. The school is based in Bow, East London and cater for 30-40 students age 19 - 25.
The school are looking for a committed PMLD teacher with ASD and complex needs experience to support a range of ages. Having experience in dealing with challenging situations and being proactive in your approach to these children is essential.
All students are seen as individuals and this each programme is unique to their needs. Programmes are designed to support and empower pupils to achieve their goals, whilst developing skills to become more independent
This college also works with specialist teams who prepare students for life outside of college. Each pupil work with their assigned mentor and develop a goal which they slowly work toward. These team also support family members and potential employees of how best to support the continued development pf each pupil.
In order to continue to meet the needs of their student, this college are offering a chance for a well-established PMLD Teacher to work closely with them.
This role is for a PMLD Teacher to work on a long-term contract until July 2022 with the potential to extend to permanent role within this college.
Qualifications and skills:
- QTS and have relevant experience in higher education
- Understand the needs of PMLD students and how best to support their academic and emotional development
- Be willing to participate in the planning and teaching stages of higher education
- Have an enhanced DBS on the update system
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR REMEDY EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Remedy Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Remedy Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'