£150 - £180 per day
about 2 months ago
Long term perm
PMLD Teacher / SEN Teacher - SEN School - Greenwich, South East London
- SEND Teacher Needed September 2021
- Education and Training
Are you an experienced SEN or SEND Teacher who is looking for a new opportunity?
Are you passionate about making a difference and working with special needs children?
The School - PMLD / SEN Teacher
Remedy Education is currently recruiting for an SEN school in Greenwich that caters for children with autism and profound and multiple learning difficulties (ASD/PMLD). This school provides quality education for children with special educational needs and is looking for a focused and skilled special needs teacher to provide a high standard of learning for students in the school.
The Candidate - PMLD/SEN Teacher
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Previous experience of teaching students with Special educational needs (ASD/PMLD)
- Experience in PECS (picture exchange communication system), Makaton (Language communication program), Team Teach and/or MAPA training
- Knowledgeable of the UK curriculum
- Skilfully able to plan effective lessons and differentiate based on each child's individual needs
- Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment
- Reliable & punctual
- Ability to risk assess and follow instructions
- Ability to develop rapport with SEN individuals
- Playful, patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of individuals with SEN.
About the Role - PMLD/SEN Teacher
- You will be responsible for teaching a small class of around 6-12 students with special educational needs (ASD/PMLD)
- You will use resources to help each student understand and engage in lessons.
- You will have additional support in the classroom from other support staff.
- You will plan and deliver effective lessons using the UK curriculum
If you feel this is the right role for you then please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education for more information.