£70 - £85 per day
5 days ago
Long term perm
A large SEN school in Lambeth are recruiting for a number of experienced SEN teaching assistants to help support their school. These are full time posts, starting ASAP, Long term. Applicants must be prepared to commit for a minimum of 1 full academic year.
This state of the art SEN school caters for students aged 5-19 with ASD, SLD and PMLD.
The selected applicant will have previous SEN experience, especially in PMLD/ Autism complex needs. There will be some personal care involved and the role is physically demanding. You will have a caring, calm personality with a keen interest in SEN. Experience with manual handling, hoisting, tube feeding and administering medication would be advantageous but not essential.
The school are looking for passionate members of staff. In return they will offer a friendly working environment and a wealth of training.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Experience supporting children (boys) with PMLD and complex needs
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manor
- Enthusiasm and friendly approach
The roles are long term full time roles and the hours are 8:30-4pm Monday - Friday. Many of the candidates will get the opportunity to go permanent after 12 months if they so wish so there is alot of career progression and training which the school will provide as well as workshops that are relevant to give each candidate the necessary skills to equip them for the responsibilities of the role.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR REMEDY EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Remedy Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Remedy Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'