£130 - £180 per day
7 months ago
Remedy Education is recruiting for an SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher to teach primary students at a lovely new special needs school in Greenwich. This well-resourced school caters for students with social, emotional, and mental health (SEMH) difficulties. The head teacher is supportive and fully invested in the teachers and support staff at the school. As the school is quite small, it has a welcoming atmosphere and family-like feel to it. The successful SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will be responsible for teaching a small class of 2-3 Key Stage 2 pupils. The role is to commence ASAP, with the possibility of a permanent role for the right candidate.
About the Role
- SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher
- Will be teaching primary students with SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health) difficulties
- Role to begin in September 2019 with a possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate
- Open to NQTs and unqualified teachers with experience planning and teaching primary curriculum
- Daily rate starting from £130 - £180 per day, depending on experience
About the School
- Newly opened Primary Pupil Referral Unit in Greenwich
- Very supportive leadership team
- Small class sizes with 1:1 support staff in each class
- All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
- Caters for children with SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health difficulties)
- Soft-play room and a therapy room on site
- Range of therapists to work with the children and their families
- Specialised music room
- School provides CPD training for staff
- Close to transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience teaching primary UK curriculum
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Carly Walters will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.