£150 - £190 per day
about 1 month ago
SEN Teacher - Part time - September 2022
Are you an experienced SEN teacher looking for a new challenge in education? Do you have experience providing a personalised curriculum for children with Special Educational Needs?
Remedy Education are working with an SEN school in Lewisham that provide for children of a Secondary School age with various statements. These children can have a range of social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs and require extra support within the classroom to improve their educational and social development. Under the supervision of the class teacher you will play a vital role in the children's education and well-being.
We require a friendly, caring, empathetic and reliable teacher to join their team and an understanding of the importance of a nurturing environment and communicational difficulties.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Flexible and has a caring approach to their duties, always ensuring the student has the necessary support.
- Able to work with a range of pupils including those with cognition and learning difficulties, communication and interaction difficulties, sensory and physical needs and those with SEMH needs.
- Able to work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff.
- Willing to support a pupil with personal care where necessary.
- Able to use their initiative to support learning.
- Has energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work full and part-time.
- Working in a challenging, but rewarding environment.
- Working with an experienced and supportive team, who will be keen to further develop you, if needed.
- Must hold QTS
- DBS on the update service or willing to get one.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Classroom Experience.
The suitable applicants must have experience or willing to gain experience working with SEN pupils with complex needs, including SEMH, ASD, ADHD, Trauma and attachment, some of pupils may have multiple needs.
If you tick all the boxes or open to this challenge, apply or send your CV to be considered for this role. If this job isn't for you, have any questions or perhaps you know someone that does fit this job description, please email or call Carly Walters at Remedy Education.