9 days ago
Secondary Outreach Teacher - Redbridge - ASAP Start
An outstanding school with a provision for pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health in Redbridge, are now looking for an Outreach Teacher to join them on a long-term basis, the school are willing to provide training to staff if needed.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Mainstream trained teacher or a Special Needs Teacher to join an outstanding outreach programme.
The role will be working directly with students based in their homes throughout the borough to support pupils who have SEMH and provide them with direct interventions.
The school are looking for a compassionate, keen and caring individual to join a team of teachers to support pupils with social and emotional difficulties throughout the borough.
Your day as an Outreach Teacher will depend entirely on how you support the children and work with a lovely team of support staff, There really are no limits to the interests, passions, hobbies and activities that the pupils enjoy. You have limited time with the pupils throughout the week, but it will allow you to build a very strong relationship with them. It is key for this role that you are positive and enjoy having a laugh. The pupils you will be supporting are an active bunch. Please ensure you can commit to this role, as reliability for the students you will be supporting is a key factor. They require stability and need support in accessing activities to allow them to achieve their full potential.
The Teacher would:
- Work with pupils who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- Helping all students enjoy their learning and get as much out of life as they can
- Identify challenges and ensure that the pupils learn
- Support pupils develop within the mainstream classes
- Help pupils develop their communication and life skills
The Teacher we require should have:
- Experience working within Secondary
- Experience in using behaviour techniques within a classroom
- Must be Caring, Adaptable and highly intuitive
- Car driver essential
Please contact Zeki @ Remedy Education for further details. Ask fast as there will be lots of interest in this position!