Hammersmith and Fulham, London
£28.00 - £32.00 per hour + Depending on experience
about 2 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to work within Hammersmith and Fulham Council.
- To provide an Occupational Therapy service to physically disabled and older residents within the Borough.
- To assess and advise service users and their informal carers on all aspects of their daily life, under the Care Act 2014. To assess and make recommendations, as appropriate under the 1996 Housing, Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act
- To be responsible for and manage a caseload, ensuring casework is carried out in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- To work with service users to identify and set goals to increase their independence and prevent the need for longer term services, ensuring the person's wellbeing.
- To work with Community Independence Assistants in reviewing the outcomes for set goals and setting additional goals as needed.
- To advise on methods of overcoming problems of daily living by using new techniques e.g. to assist with dressing, bathing, cooking, involving carers/family where appropriate.
- To adjust the environment to suit the service user's needs by recommending and ordering appropriate and cost effective equipment and/or minor adaptations to the home, in accordance with relevant Occupational Therapy policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate and instruct the service user and his/her family and carers in the correct use and maintenance of equipment and adaptations provided.
- To take part in the Duty System. To undertake duty visits as needed and organise urgent intervention including care packages.
- To liaise with health, social service and voluntary sector colleagues and other relevant agencies in order to provide continuity of care.
- To make written recommendations in respect of special housing needs and to advise service users as to the suitability of housing offers in relation to their disability.
- To liaise with the Department of Environmental Health and external agencies with regard to the provision of Disabled Facilities Grants, if required.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly