North London, London
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Depending on experience
14 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to work within an Adult Community Team for a Local Authority based in North London.
- Have sound experience in minor and major adaptions incl. hoisting (desirable) in order to be able to make informed assessments and liaise with the Social Work team with regard to the level of support needed for those clients. Major adaptation jobs are referred to the Community OT Team
- Support the Local Authority with implementing the strength-based approach in this review project.
- Performing joint support plan review visits with Social Workers on cases identified as likely to benefit from OT input and follow-up own recommendations within a 40 day OT intervention remit. OT to assist in identifying client's current level of abilities in specific ADL domains and explore with the client and the SW whether the service user has the potential for more independence.
- Occasionally assisting the Hospital Discharge team with ad hoc independent living skills assessments to establish the scope for reablement support for people being considered for discharge and advise on goals for reablement working. This entails setting up the goals for Reablement clients.
- Abiding to the principles of always promoting clients' independence through client centred practice and thus working with transparency and sensitivity towards service users.
- To record and update accordingly all OT interventions and outcomes.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly