£28 - £30 per hour
8 months ago
Your key responsibilities will include;
1. To hold a caseload of service users in accordance with service procedures.
2. To visit people with substantial disabilities in their own home and assess their functional
3. To take into account and where relevant, assess the needs of carers.
4. To arrange for the provision of, and fit, equipment that will meet the service users needs, and give instruction on its use. To research non-standard items of equipment.
5. To work with other agencies to plan and recommend adaptations that are necessary and
appropriate for the service user.
6. To arrange for minor adaptations to be carried out, or to make written recommendations
to the Environmental Health Department to support a home Repair Assistance Grant if appropriate.
7. To make written recommendations to the Environmental Health Department to support
service users application for Disabled Facilities Grants.
8. To make written recommendations to Housing Associations for adaptations. To support service users in their application for Social Housing Grants.
9. To monitor works and ensure that they meet the service users needs and liaise with all parties involved.
10. To give advice and support to service users and their carers during the implementation of the rehabilitation plan.
11. To keep accurate records and case notes of all work carried out with service user.
12. To produce reports on the functional needs of the service user where appropriate e.g. for
13. To undertake a professional audit of suitability of a property to meet the needs of a disabled service user, in conjunction with the Housing OT.
14. Respond to and where possible resolve complaints within the council's complaints procedure.
15. To be prepared to undertake fieldwork educator's course and participate in the development and training of O.T. students.
16. To supervise and support Occupational Therapy Assistants where appropriate.
17. Teaching and discussion regarding manual handling techniques to informal carers.
18. Any other duties as requested in line with the role and responsibility of the post.
19. To continue to work with the service user until the rehabilitation plan has been completed.
20. To work with other statutory agencies and the independent sector to facilitate an effective service delivery.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV to .