depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an Occupational Therapist.
You will need to be:
- SWE registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- To carry out assessments of need for services and ensure that the needs of the individual are taken into account through a direction of reablement and recovery wherever possible.
- The postholder will identify the needs of the service users and carers within the context of their own homes and within available resource.
- To involve carers in this process and take into account their needs as well as those of the service users' to ensure best outcomes.
- To work with the supervisor to identify the level of resources which will be required and made available for each service user.
- To manage a personal caseload and throughout the care management process to provide for service users and carers, as appropriate. This will require conversations around assets, advice, counselling, treatment and advocacy according to the requirements and expertise of the postholder
- To explore with the service user the service(s) which will be required and should made available or purchased and to confirm in writing with the client the agreed objectives and goals of both service user and the Department.
- Attend and participate in appropriate clinical and case management and team meetings, disseminating and acting upon information.
- To arrange for the delivery of services and installation of equipment with providers, paying all due regard to statutory responsibilities
- To review the progress of the written objectives and amend these as required. This should take account of the service user's and carers' needs and views to ensure cost effectiveness in relation to the quality of the service delivery.
- To participate in other activities which would benefit from the application of professional skills, e.g. working parties, special service developments, policy formation, group work and community development
- To inform managers of specific needs which cannot be met, through non-availability of services or because of inadequate budgetary provision
- Depending on experience and competence, to contribute to standards of practice, training and developmental activities
- Participate in clinical supervision and appraisals, and supervise OT Assistants according to level of expertise.
- To work in accordance with policies and guidelines and OT standards as determined by SBC and the College of Occupational Therapist Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
- To work in accordance with local and national health and safety regulations, and ensure confidentiality of service user information within the SBC/PCT confidentiality policy.
- To ensure that all activities are informed by up to date manual handling advice and training
- To maintain comprehensive records that demonstrate good pratcie and follow departmental procedures to ensure SBC is discharging its statutory duties
To carry out other tasks as are commensurate with the post according to OT core skills.
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly