£15 - £17 per hour
14 days ago
Remedy Recruitment are currently working with a Local Authority in Essex and are seeking an experienced Neighbourhood Officer to work within a busy housing team.
** Salary- £15-£17PH **
** Start- ASAP**
Providing a comprehensive and co-ordinated response to prevent and reduce anti-social behaviour across the Borough. The Neighbourhood Nuisance Officer will be responsible for dealing with initial complaints of anti-social behaviour, nuisance and harassment. Investigating such complaints within agreed procedures, working with other agencies where appropriate and taking action against the perpetrators.
- To receive casework referrals from designated referral agencies, including the Police and Housing Management, regarding anti-social behaviour, nuisance and harassment.
- To interview victims, perpetrators and potential witnesses of Anti-social Behaviour and to ensure that the appropriate monitoring takes place.
- To investigate initial complaints of anti-social behaviour ensuring that actions taken are in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures.
- To prepare Notices' of Seeking Possession or Notices' to Quit as required.
- To witness incidents (where possible), of Anti-social Behaviour, nuisance, harassment and other breaches of Anti-social Behaviour.
- To liaise with other agencies, i.e. Police, Social Services, Victim Support and to attend meetings as required.
- To reply to correspondence and prepare reports as necessary.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of housing, civil and criminal law and offer advice and assistance when required.
- Unaccompanied attendance at Court in connection with any proceedings as and when required.
- To provide statistical information as required, in order to monitor performance against service standards and team targets.
- To respond to any enquiries or complaints involving Anti-social Behaviour.
- To obtain detailed witness statements, from victims / witnesses, to be used in future court proceedings.
- To carry out visits to complainants / perpetrators or any other visits as appropriate.
If you are the successful candidate for the role, please call Bronte at Remedy on 0208 418 7677.