Wood Green, London
about 1 month ago
SEN Music Teacher - September 2022 Start - Haringey
We are currently working with a Successful co-educational secondary special school based in Haringey, North London, who are looking to recruit a Music Teacher to teach higher-functioning students within their school to start September 2022
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and dedicated Music teacher to deliver the Music curriculum across all Teams 1 and 2 (KS3 & 4), and the more academic students in this schools post- 16 Team 5. (This post is to compliment/work alongside the existing Music teacher who delivers lessons to students in Teams 3 and 4).
- This Secondary school is a successful co-educational secondary special school based in Haringey, North London. This school is always mindful that they need to deliver positive outcomes for all, according to their motto: 'Learning to Live Life to the Full'.
- the aim of this school is to develop and nurture happy and fulfilled students whilst ensuring that they have the highest possible levels of independence before they move on to post-16/post-19 education and later adult life.
- This SEN secondary school provide 150 student places in years 7-14 across 5 teams for students with a wide range of general, moderate, complex, severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties. Approximately 68% of the school's population have a diagnosis of autism.
- Knowledge and experience of teaching Music to students with SEND.
- An understanding of how students' learning disabilities impact on their learning in the subject.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility and a creative approach to the successful drawing up and delivery of the Music curriculum in Teams 1 and 2.
- Sound planning, assessment and record-keeping skills.
- Ability to deliver accredited courses in KS4, meeting all the assessment and testing requirements (currently NCFE Technical Award in Music Technology, but we would like to add a performance accreditation).
- Knowledge and experience of successfully managing challenging behaviour.
- The confidence and ability to lead effectively the small teams of assistants who will be supporting each class taught.
- Willingness to set up and/or join external musical performance opportunities.
- Strengthen links with the school's Art Department, and jointly aim to achieve the Platinum Artsmark in the future.
- The skills to communicate effectively with parents and a range of professionals.
- A willingness to take responsibility for own continuing professional development as appropriate to the team
- A commitment to the safeguarding of all the school's students and an understanding of the arrangements and procedures required to achieve effective safeguarding
- QTS Qualified
If you are interested in hearing more information about this position, please APPLY NOW!! Or alternatively contact Zeki at Remedy Education