£10 - £11 per hour
about 2 months ago
Midday Meal Supervisor - Lambeth - SEN College
Remedy Education are recruiting enthusiastic and caring people to work within a SEND school in Lambeth as a Midday Meal Supervisor. The Midday Meal Supervisors are responsible for overseeing the basic care and well-being of the children.
- Hours - 9.30am until 1.30pm, Monday to Friday
- Perfect hours for parents / part-time workers, graduates wanting experience, opportunity to build good knowledge of the schools expectations and school environment
- Ability to progress into a full time role for the right candidates
- Assisting with personal care and medication
- Pay rate, £11 per hour
The main duties will be to prepare the dining hall ready for lunch and to encourage the children to eat the lunch provided in a calm and orderly manner as well as promoting positive peer interaction and general duties of a 1:1 or support assistant.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise the children at lunch times being aware of pupil's activities at all times
- Ensure polite behaviour at lunch tables and offer assistance to pupils requiring help with their lunches
- Administer minor first aid, ensuring that all accidents and injuries are recorded in the "Accident Book" and reported to the Senior Midday Supervisor
- Tidy and sweep the floors, and wipe down the tables before storing them in the cupboard at the end of lunchtime
- Supervise the children on the playground and organise engaging play activities
Remedy Education is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.