about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking a Mental Health Social Worker.
You will need to be:
- SWE registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- To conduct or support individual assessments or facilitate self-assessments using the appropriate assessment tools and techniques in order to establish clear, relevant, proportionate, cost effective and appropriate options for the individual.
- Based on individual structured assessments and in line with the enablement/recovery approach, plan and set up appropriate personalised and outcome-led packages of support that maximise long-term independence and choice and minimise ongoing support and whole life cost of care for that person.
- To manage an allocated caseload of clients in compliance with statutory requirements, the Care Programme Approach, Council & Trust policy, professional best practice and with regard for individual choice.
- Liaise with, establish and maintain effective working relationships with other local services, specialist teams, Hospital Trusts and the 3rd sector relevant to the needs of the service users in order to deliver a holistic and seamless service to the client.
- Value and encourage the contribution of service users and their advocates, relatives, carers and support workers where appropriate, to ensure that they are engaged in the assessment, support and review process. Promote self-assessment.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of available local provision and make appropriate recommendations and action referrals to other specialist teams and providers.
- Participate in the approved social worker day duty rota*
- Carry out statutory responsibilities under the Mental Health Act 1983 in accordance with the Code of Practice and provide in general a social work service to the client group.
- Maintain up to date, accurate and timely records of communication, decisions, actions and outcomes relating to cases in line with the processes, standards and systems of the Council and the Mental Health Trust
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of people who come into contact with the service, in full compliance with Barnet procedures and that the principles are embedded in all practices, advice, decisions and support associated with this role.
- Where appropriately trained and competent, to act as a Best Interest Assessor in relation to assessments for Authorisations under the Deprivation of Liberty safeguards as required.
- To take appropriate responsibility in relation to assessing risk to dependent children of service users in compliance with local, London & national policies & procedures.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of Adult Social Services and the Mental Health Trust, and those of any partner agencies, are followed, and that the service is always delivered in accordance with professional standards, policy and practice and the relevant statutory and regulatory frameworks.
- Assist with monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the service and contribute to the development of service improvements through participation and involvement in local and central team meetings, supervision, training, conferences and other forums.
- Work flexibly and respond positively to changing business and client needs and carry out any other duties within the scope of the nature and grade of the post, as directed by the line manager.
- Understand the budgetary framework and context of the role to ensure that the service delivers value for money and cost effective solutions and options within defined budgetary constraints.
- Keep abreast of current legislation, government policies and procedures regarding mental health, welfare benefits and housing, as these relate to the client group.
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly