East London, London
5 months ago
Mental Health Hospital Team Senior QSW- East London
Remedy Recruitment are currently working with a local authority in East London and are seeking an experienced Senior Social Worker.
The successful candidate will require the following-
- Provide professional leadership for complex case arrangements, in
situations which involve, risk, complexity and safety of the service user
- Identifying through assessment the needs and strengths of service users
and/or family carers and source appropriate solutions and interventions.
- Use analytical skills to inform assessment, decision making and
- Complete support planning with services users to ensure that outcomes
identified at assessment are met within budgetary constraints through the
provision of support, equipment, adaptations and enabling programmes.
- Identify and take a professional lead on adult safeguarding issues where
abuse or neglect is suspected.
- Take a professional lead and oversee cases of individuals who lack
capacity to agree to or plan their care, undertake proportionate
assessment in accordance with current Adult Social Care legislation
including MCA and best interest assessments.
- To provide more specialist social work practice skills and knowledge to
make independent decisions and support situations in which risk,
ambiguity or complexity is greatest.
- To act as the lead professional to services users and their carers and
families to enable them to retain, as far as possible, choice and control of
To provide written and verbal reports, appropriate for courts and other legal
purposes, which are concise, informative and based on complex evidence to
support problem solving and resolution.
- Support in safeguarding process to assess and manage risk, knowing how
to intervene proportionately and ensuring people are protecting from harm,
while protecting their human rights