£40000 - £44661 per annum
26 days ago
Our client, Medway Council is looking for a Senior Practitioner to join their Children Social Work teams.
Main Purpose of the job:
- Safeguard and promote the wellbeing of vulnerable children and young people through the provision of high quality social work practice, supporting them to achieve their full potential, living within their family if safe to do so.
- Participate in effective partnership working and engagement and to work collaboratively with a range of organisations, statutory and voluntary in delivering services to children and young people.
- To comply with legislation, statutory guidance and local policies and procedures
- To be competent in all areas of the PCF at Experienced Social Worker level and The Knowledge and Skills Statement (KSS) for approved child and family practitioners
- Manage a complex caseload within a framework of appropriate reflective supervision, undertaking focused, analytical assessments, SMART plans and reviews that have clear objectives and outcome measures in order to ensure that all vulnerable children receive a service that reflects the Council's commitment to achieving positive outcomes for our looked after children.
- Demonstrate expert and effective practice in complex situations that reflects a commitment to relationship and strengths based practice, assessing and managing higher levels of risk and working collaboratively with children, young people and their families.
- To work with children and families in a variety of diverse and complex contexts, such as mental ill health, disability, substance misuse, domestic abuse, sexual and criminal exploitation, radicalisation, poverty, discrimination, and immigration.
- Provide expert advice and support to less experienced staff on aspects of casework ensuring a high level of practice is demonstrated.
- Contribute to the learning and development of others either through supporting a newly qualified social worker, supervising a family support worker, acting as a Practice Assessor for students on placement, or contributing to training activities in a specialist areas.
- Lead on an area of practice (i.e. contextual safeguarding, completion of DV risk assessments, etc) for the team or service and support others to enhance their knowledge and skills in relation to that subject.
- To be a Signs of Safety Champion and consistently use the Signs of Safety practice model in assessments and interventions with looked after children, their families and their carers.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.