£75 - £85 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
Tuesday 19th April 2022
Are you an experienced Learning Support Assistant or Carer who has worked with pupils with who demonstrate challenging behaviour?
We are looking for a male Teaching Assistant to work in a SEN Secondary school (subject to a trial day) based in Greenwich, South East London. Where difference is embraced and celebrated. The aim is for all students to be confident in their own ability, and aim higher together.
You will be allocated to a male pupil within Key Stage 3 who displays challenging behaviour and has the additional need of some personal care. A sound general knowledge of the national curriculum subjects is desired including a good level of English and Maths.
The ideal candidate will have worked with a variety of SEN children who have personal needs, display challenging behaviours, autism or moderate learning needs such as ASD / Challenging Behaviour. You will need to possess a calm and patient nature but also have a strong approach to behaviour management. The school will also consider a graduate or experienced youth/mental health support worker with SEN experience.
To join us and be considered for this SEN Teaching Assistant position you must:
* Hold a recognised Teaching Assistant qualification at Level 2 or any other relevant qualification;
* Have experience supporting pupils across Primary School age
* This position is subject to Enhanced DBS which is on the update service, Overseas police check (if applicable) and satisfactory references;
* Provide a CV which covers the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any gaps in employment must be explained;
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Remedy Education:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this male Learning Support Assistant position based in a SEN Secondary school in Greenwich or call for more information on, 0208 418 1390.