£75 - £85 per day
19 days ago
Long term perm
SEN Speech and Language Learning Support Assistant
A Primary School in Southwark, South East London, are looking for a Speech and Language specialist to provide 1:1 support to a pupil in school with speech and communication difficulties. This role is for the full academic year and to commence ASAP on a full-time basis.
The School are looking for a full-time member of staff who has experience in working with students who have low literacy levels, speech and language difficulties and ASC. The member of staff will be responsible for leading on this within the SEND faculty and contributing towards the development of our whole school literacy program.
Previous experience in a speech support role is essential, whether in a therapist or LSA capacity. Experience within primary and secondary education is beneficial.
About the role:
* Working as part of an established SEN department as a Teaching Assistant
* Daily rate of £75 - £85 per day
* Assisting in the development of the pupil
* Encouraging and engaging pupils with Speech and Language Communication Needs
* Working closely with a teacher to develop the pupil to their fullest potential
* Working on 1:1 basis as well as across the classroom
* Working closely with SENCO
About the right candidate:
* Previous experience with Speech and Language Communication Needs
* Previous classroom experience as teaching assistant
* Must own a UK drivers' licence and your own vehicle
* Display enthusiasm, be proactive, have lots of initiative and able to prioritise support
* Have a real focus in classes to break down expectations and encourage learning
If you're interested in the above role then please contact -
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.