£70 - £80 per day
9 days ago
A small SEN College in Greenwich is recruiting a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) who is available to start immediately.
SEN college offers inclusive education to just under 200 SEN students. The young people who attend the SEN provision in this college are aged between 19 - 25 years of age and have varying needs; ie ADHD/ ADD/ MLD / Behaviour/ SEMH/ ASC/ Complex Needs/ Down Syndrome/ Wheel Chair users /Learning Difficulties etc. All young people are able to access their learning and just require additional 1:1 support. This role would mean working with children on a 1:1 basis and within small groups. Additionally you would be building a strong rapport with the young person(s), de-escalating behaviour (if required), helping them access their learning etc.
- Must have experience in a support role; ie LSA/ Youth Worker/ SEN TA/ Teaching Assistant/ Residential Child Support Worker / HLTA / Behaviour Mentor / Learning Mentor
- Your SEN experience; ADHD/ ADD/ MLD / Behaviour/ SEMH/ ASC/ Complex Needs/ Down Syndrome/ Wheel Chair users /Learning Difficulties etc.
- Must have worked in an educational setting; ie College/ Sixth Form/SEN School/ Secondary School /Youth Centre / PRU or Alternative Provision
- Can successfully build a strong rapport with young people
- 1:1 & small groups experience with children and young people
- Welcoming and great personality
- Able to de-escalate behaviour OR can assist with personal care IF required (Depends on the child you are placed with)
- Enhanced DBS with update service OR able to pay for a new one now ASAP
- Can access the Lambeth borough easily.