£40 - £49.84 per hour
about 2 months ago
Our client, Liverpool City Council is looking for a Consultant Social Worker to join their Early help team.
You will be required to support the Team Manager in the management, development and leadership of the social work team in order to safeguard and promote the welfare of vulnerable children, young people and their families to deliver high quality services that address need and lead to improved outcomes, whilst managing the reputation of the Service and the Council.
- Ensure the Council meets its statutory obligations to safeguard children, complying with legislation, policy and procedures and relevant frameworks.
- Work within safeguarding frameworks to investigate and manage risk where children and young people have experienced or are likely to experience significant harm.
- Ensure that all information is gathered to inform risk assessments and critically analysed to inform the plan.
- Ensure that own/others casework decision making is robust by providing challenge and critical refection with detailed analysis informing professional judgements.
- Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance and support, reflecting the function of the team and Children's Social Care in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
- Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
- Demonstrate a critical knowledge of the range of theories and models for social work intervention with individuals, families, groups and communities, and the methods derived from them.
- Have delegated responsibility for the supervision and development of team members, including Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and social work students, ensuring high quality standards of performance and practice.
- Actively engage in risk management policies, procedures and practice and to advise the Team Manager of resource shortfalls and recommend improved methods of working where appropriate.
- Apply the principles of the Working Together Framework to promote best outcomes for children, young people and families.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly