£30 - £32 per hour
7 months ago
Our client, Lewisham Council is looking for a Children's Assessing Social Worker to join their fostering team, with recent experience with Form F's.
To provide an accountable statutory social work service to children, young people and their families/carers, to include assessment, intervention, case planning and review, appropriate to the work of the team and service unit.
Responsibilities and Personal Duties:
- To be responsible for undertaking all social work on allocated cases, or those worked with on a short term assessment basis
- To maintain accurate records of all work undertaken on behalf of the Directorate, and to ensure that service users are aware of their right to see such records.
- To ensure that service users are aware of their right to complain about the service they receive.
- To produce case reports and correspondence for a variety of readership, including meetings, conferences, court, other agencies and service users.
- To ensure that all work is undertaken in compliance with policies, procedures, guidance and legislation.
- To ensure that the needs of service users/carers from all communities are addressed, and that close attention is paid to equalities issues in all aspects of work.
- To participate in duty systems for the service unit, as appropriate.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships at appropriate levels with other agencies relevant to the work of the unit.
- To input data, using Information Technology, as required
- To take responsibility for one's own, and others safety, by ensuring that team members and other staff are not knowingly exposed to risk of violence
- To attend, contribute and participate fully in supervision, in accordance with the Department's supervision policy.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly